Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Hosting Again

Over the past few months of transitioning into new routines, responsibilities, and rhythms, I had a feeling that one thing would be key to feeling more settled in Pittsburgh: hosting people in my home.

At first, we didn't really have much furniture in the house.
Then, my recruiting schedule interfered with making solid plans.
And then, who would I invite?

This Thanksgiving, I have a newfound gratitude for Jesus' provision of community.  In this season of dizzying newness, meaningful connection breathes new life into my soul.

I'm thankful for a house that feels more like a home.
For balance between travel and time in town.
And for friends.

It was so fun to have friends from college, Germany, and my new church come together for an Autumn Open House this past weekend!  I'm grateful for community in each of these seasons - and for friendships that have lasted across many miles.

I'm also thankful for the gift of being able to host again.  The laughter and conversation of guests feed my soul.  And I believe that this is God's sign to me, a reminder of His promise that He will never leave nor forsake me.  He is here, too, in this dawn of a new season and there is beauty in the opening of my home.

Our cozy living room

 Fun fall treats

My personal favorite - the cookies named after our neighborhood, Squirrel Hill!

Roommates!

No comments:

Post a Comment