Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Finding New Rhythms

It's been a month since my last post, one of the longest silences on this blog since I began posting in March 2010.  September has been a whirlwind of moving and settling in and traveling!  I'm attempting to figure out this new normal of...

... Traveling hundreds of miles to visit campuses, yet most days, working from home.

... Driving with confidence to a few select locations (including church and Target), but relying on my GPS to get pretty much anywhere else.

... Staying connected with friends around the world through Skype and email, but also making new connections here in Pittsburgh.

... Feeling at home so close to my alma mater, yet brand new to life in the city.

... Trying to find a balance: TeachBeyond work and grad class assignments and being with people and rest.

After over twenty years of going to school, I have entered into a totally new life of creating my own schedule!  My days are planned around with Skype meetings, assignment deadlines, and to-do lists.  Initially I wondered when I'd fall into a routine, and I've now discovered that there isn't much of one!  While there are definitely challenges in figuring out how to prioritize tasks, I'm grateful for the flexibility of my schedule which allows for time to invest in people - whether potential TeachBeyond candidates or my new roommates or friends still at BFA.

A few weeks ago, I took a road trip to Chicago to visit my brother!

While in Illinois, I also met up with two of the families from the TeachBeyond youth orientation groups I led in 2013 and 2014.

Welcome to my neighborhood!
Pittsburgh is beginning to feel more like home.

Thank you for your prayers as I continue to transition into my new role and new home.  May the Lord be glorified as I establish new routines and rhythms!

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying the same! Still finding a new rhythm, and glad to share this journey with YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! Love processing transition with you. Hope your week is going well!

      Delete