Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

#tbt Week 10: Small Group Update

This is the last week of my this summer #tbt (Throwback Thursday) series, highlighting various "then and now" comparisons!  I'm grateful for the opportunity to look back and reflect, and I hope you've enjoyed it, too!


#tbt Week 10: Small Group Update

If you've been following my journey over the past five years, you have heard all about my small group... our sleepovers, panel events, and photo shoots.  These girls graduated from BFA last June and are now living on three different continents!  Here are some updates from the girls themselves.  Thanks for continuing to pray!


Hannah
Current Location:  Gordon College, Massachusetts
An Update:
I am a double major in education and psychology.  Transitioning into college has been smoother than expected, but there are still many challenges of living away from home, since I only get to go home once a year.  I am looking forward to serving as an RA, investing in people, and experiencing God through that!
Please Pray:
Pray that I will learn the fear of the Lord more this year!

Brianne
Current Location:  John Brown University, Arkansas
An Update:
My freshman year of college went really well!  I am on track for being done in four years.  Also, I got engaged in May!  I have been working on wedding plans since.  I spent the summer with my family and my fiancé's family for a couple of weeks.  We are back to school now and plugging along!  
Please Pray:
I am in training for my next half marathon in October.  Prayers for sore muscles and endurance would be appreciated!

Nara
Current Location:  South Korea
An Update:
I was thankful to find a Christian youth community here that I love.  Also, my family reunited to live together for the first time in 7 years!  It was hard accepting the fact that I didn't get into any of the colleges I applied to.  However, I'm continually seeing God through everything and God blessing me with something that I never expected.  
Please Pray:
I am currently preparing for the chaotic college application process again.  It all ends in November and results come out in December.  I only have God to find peace and allow Him to work through me!

Grace
Current Location:  Art School in London, UK
An Update:
I have had a great start to college life and have made some good friends.  I am growing deeper in my faith, but I also struggle whilst learning to stand alone and rely solely on God rather than on people.
Please Pray:
Pray that I would continue to deepen relationships and that I would not get too comfortable with where and who I am, but challenge myself daily in all aspects.

Katie
Current Location:  Crown College, Minnesota
An Update:
I'm a nursing major at Crown.  I enjoyed summer with my family in Germany, including serving at an English Camp for German teens.  This year, I am an RA and will be playing on the soccer team.  I'm looking forward to a great year! 
Please Pray:
Pray that I would be able to balance all of my activities and responsibilities this year - and glorify God in the process.

Jin
Current Location:  New York University, New York
An Update:
This past year was an amazing one.  Starting a new chapter of my life in New York has been beyond wonderful.  I received a scholarship to help pay for NYU, and I had an amazing suite-mate who became my roommate for this school year!  Also, I was accepted for my first half of my green card process, which means I am one step closer to becoming a permanent resident of the United States!  This coming year, I am looking forward to seeing how God will use me in this city.  I know that I am here in NYC with a purpose, and I am very excited to see how God will use me to glorify Him and make Him known.
Please Pray:
This year, I am more nervous than my freshman year because I feel pressured to do better and to become certain of what I want to do with my life.  As part of the Liberal Studies program, I have been able to complete core classes this past year and explore different options for the future.  This year, I have to decide which NYU school to transfer into by November,  and I need to declare a major by April.  Please pray that God will lead me and open doors for me in this!

No comments:

Post a Comment