Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Five Years of Thankful

Last night marked the fifth and final annual Thanksgiving celebration with friends here in Kandern.  Brittany and I have so enjoyed the tradition of hosting each year.  I am deeply thankful for the different people God has brought to our table over the past five years.  In this transient place, I don't take for granted the many individuals that the Lord has provided to encourage and shape me in this season.  Our shared meal marks a moment in a year-round posture of gratitude.  What a wonderful opportunity to fix our eyes on Him, the giver of all good gifts!

I'm thankful for roommates who have also embraced our calling to open our home to others.

I'm thankful for friends who join me in sincere celebration.

I'm thankful for student teachers, whose short months at BFA impacted me significantly.

I'm thankful for countless supporters, whose prayer and sacrifice have made it possible for me to continue to serve at BFA for five years.

I'm thankful for my piano, which I've been able to play for worship each year.

I'm thankful for candle light, which sets the mood for meaningful conversation.

I'm thankful for cooler weather, so that we can store food outside while we await the delivery of our new refrigerator.

I'm thankful for Scripture, which reminds us of all that we have to be thankful for and leads us in giving thanks to our Maker.






Thanksgiving this year!




Although I'm not sure who will be around the table with me next year (or who will continue this tradition here in Kandern!), one thing I do know: There will always be so much to be thankful for!

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work in us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!  Amen."  (Ephesians 3:20-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment